- This gathering has passed.
Discussing Racism, Sexism & Intersectionality in Our Lives
May 7, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm CDT
Don’t miss out! Join the next discussion in this series:
Join us for a discussion on how the issues of racism, sexism and intersectionality affect us in our lives. If possible, please read:
Questions we may discuss include:
1. In what order of defining terms do you identify/define yourself (Example: George – male, white, Jewish, getting older, partner, grandfather, Asperger’s) and why?
2. How are you privileged and/or not privileged? How does intersectionality affect how you are privileged or not?
We would like to make this discussion become a bi-weekly sharing of issues of:
1. Social oppression such as racism, sexism and heterosexism; and
2. How they affect our lives and the world we live in.
We hope that you will join our discussion, and if you like it, be a part of a continuing, regular dialogue.