- This gathering has passed.
Discussing Racism, Sexism & Intersectionality in Our Lives
July 1 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm CDT
Payment: This gathering is pay-what-you-feel, empowering you to pay what you feel this experience is worth to you and within your means to support.
Join us for a discussion on how the issues of racism, sexism and intersectionality affect us in our lives and the world we live in.
Please watch these videos, which we will discuss on the gathering:
Questions we may discuss include:
1. In what order of defining terms do you identify/define yourself (Example: George – male, white, Jewish, getting older, partner, grandfather, Asperger’s) and why?
2. How are you privileged and/or not privileged? How does intersectionality affect how you are privileged or not?
This discussion is a bi-weekly sharing of issues of:
1. Social oppression such as racism, sexism and heterosexism; and
2. How they affect our lives and the world we live in.
We hope that you will join our discussion, and if you like it, be a part of a continuing dialogue community.
Please RSVP above. You’ll receive a ticket with the Zoom link needed to access this gathering via email.
July 6|Recurring gathering (See all)
An gathering every week that begins at 12:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until September 25, 2020
July 6 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am CDT|Recurring gathering (See all)
An gathering every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, repeating until December 28, 2020