- This gathering has passed.
Discussing Racism, Sexism & Intersectionality in Our Lives
July 15, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm CDT
Payment: This gathering is pay-what-you-feel, empowering you to pay what you feel this experience is worth to you and within your means to support.
Join us for a discussion on how the issues of racism, sexism and intersectionality affect us in our lives and the world we live in.
In this session, we will be discussing Ubuntu. Here are some videos to get you started:
1) Ubuntu – I am who I am, because of who we all are – 5 minutes
2) I am because we are | Dozie Okeleke | TEDxINSEAD – 10 minutes
3) I Am Because We Are: The Spirit of UBUNTU | Max Quinn | TEDxBSU – 10 minutes
Questions we may discuss include:
1. In what order of defining terms do you identify/define yourself (Example: George – male, white, Jewish, getting older, partner, grandfather, Asperger’s) and why?
2. How are you privileged and/or not privileged? How does intersectionality affect how you are privileged or not?
This discussion is a bi-weekly sharing of issues of:
1. Social oppression such as racism, sexism and heterosexism; and
2. How they affect our lives and the world we live in.
We hope that you will join our discussion, and if you like it, be a part of a continuing dialogue community.
Please RSVP above. You’ll receive a ticket with the Zoom link needed to access this gathering via email.