- This gathering has passed.
Discussing Racism, Sexism & Intersectionality in Our Lives
August 12, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm CDT
Join us for a discussion on how the issues of racism, sexism and intersectionality affect us in our lives and the world we live in.
If you haven’t read it, please read: The Intersectionality Wars and our new writing: LGBTQ Asian Americans Brace for a ‘Double Whammy’ as Hate Crimes Rise before the discussion.
Questions we may discuss include:
1. In what order of defining terms do you identify/define yourself (Example: George – male, white, Jewish, getting older, partner, grandfather, Asperger’s) and why?
2. How are you privileged and/or not privileged? How does intersectionality affect how you are privileged or not?
This discussion is a bi-weekly sharing of issues of:
1. Social oppression such as racism, sexism and heterosexism; and
2. How they affect our lives and the world we live in.
We hope that you will join our discussion, and if you like it, be a part of a continuing dialogue community.
Please RSVP above. You’ll receive a ticket with the Zoom link needed to access this gathering via email.
April 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CDT