- This gathering has passed.
Non-Partisan Post-Election Pause for the People
November 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
When the political campaigns become silent, we will look around and see what’s always been true: here we are with each other.
What will you be feeling the day after the 2020 election?
Commit to a space to share what you feel about what is happening in US politics. This is a safe place for real emotion, from any perspective. Happy. Sad. Angry. Scared. Optimistic. Confused. This is a space to see and hear each other as humans, a space to hold each other with love and respect without judgement. Why? Because in order to see where we are going, we must understand where we are, together.
- This is a space both to listen and share so that everyone’s voice is heard.
- Use “I” statements: Talk about personal experiences—not candidates or campaigns.
- Question ideas—not people.
- Mics will be turned off or people will be asked to leave if statements become harmful, threatening, argumentative, or generally in bad-faith.
By RSVP’ing, you are acknowledging these agreements.
Who is this for?
We encourage and want people from all political backgrounds to attend. This is an opportunity to invite friends and family members of differing political positions to gather together and share as people.
What will you experience?
As with all FeelReal gatherings, this conversation will be facilitated by dedicated Spaceholders to ensure ground rules are followed and all voices have space to be heard.
You will be able to talk openly in a facilitated small group format with no more than 8 people, which will be governed by the agreements listed above.