- This gathering has passed.
Racism and the Self
August 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CDT
One gathering on August 8, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One gathering on August 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Please join SAND for a new series, Racism and the Self: Inquiring into White Privilege, Racism and Trauma in our Communities.
This meeting is by-donation. SAND is a 501.c.3 non-profit organization, and needs your support to continue to offering quality online events. Please enter your donation about and click “add to cart'”. If you are not able to donate it is also fine to enter $0.
We will inquire into individual and collective racial conditioning and internalized systemic oppression. We will begin by reckoning with our own shadows and unconscious bias which we have inherited from our cultures, our families and possibly even from some of our spiritual teachings and practices.
In this series we will explore:
- The true meaning of diversity in unity, equity and solidarity
- The origins and extent of our own unconscious bias
- Experiences outside of our own that can provide new perspectives
- Staying present with an open heart when we feel uncomfortable, defensive and challenged
- How to act in solidarity to our brothers and sisters who are black, indigenous or people of color
- How to build communities based on equity and inclusion
Let’s inquire and walk this path together with humility and open hearts. May this work permeate our lives, our communities, and the world along with our deepest realizations of unity.
August 1: Caverly Morgan
August 8: Victoria Santos & Caverly Morgan
August 15: Sará King & Orlando Villarraga